Sunday, July 2, 2017

My first #LongLayover in #Toronto

I had an 8 hour layover in Toronto today between Prague and Dallas. I have never had such a layover before--just long enough to go into the city but not long enough to stay the night. After a little investigating I discovered that you can take a 25 minute express train into the city center for $12. Then I stumbled upon a "Long Layover" ticket that is round trip within 8 hours.So after clearing customs, into town I went for an afternoon adventure. 
First I discovered it's Canada Day, and a special one: Canada is 150 today!

I headed straight for the CN Tower, which was a well-labelled and super easy walk from the Union Pacific train station. 

This is on the side of the Toronto Blue Jays building.

After about an hour, I made it to the elevator.
Spectacular views from up there...
 A storm blew in while I was at the top...

...

So I decided to have lunch to pass the time!


Standing on the glass floor...yikes
Ripley's Aquarium of Canada is right next door. It was really amazing! Unlike the CN Tower, I thought this admission price was well worth the visit, even with the massive crowds in there. I didn't take many pictures but there was a lot to see. 
My favorite was the jelly fish room!

There was no way to forget it was Canada Day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment